Guest Terms & Conditions
2. Breach of Terms & Conditions If you breach our Terms and Conditions, we have the right to terminate your booking, and if you are already at the property, we may ask you to leave immediately. If we suspect that guests are breaching our Terms and Conditions, we have the right to enter and inspect the property at any time.
3. Booking The payment of the booking fee and the return of a completed booking form constitutes an acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. The Guest making the booking is deemed responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure they are all aware of these Terms and Conditions. For bookings made more than 6 weeks before the arrival date, a non refundable and non transferable booking fee is required to confirm the booking, and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences. For bookings made with less than 6 weeks before arrival, the total amount is payable in full on booking.
The date for the final balance to be paid will be clearly stated on the booking form, and it is the Lead Guest’s responsibility that the final balance is paid by this date. If the final balance has not been received by the due date, then we have the right to cancel your booking and retain the booking fee.
Once dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email, they can only be changed with our agreement and may incur an administration charge. We reserve the right to decline a booking or impose additional security deposit fees.
Please note, the current booking fee is £100 per short break, per week, per cottage.
4. Prices Prices include central heating, electricity, hot water, bed linen, and some starter basics such as tea, coffee, sugar, milk, washing up liquid, cling film, foil, salt, pepper, toilet roll. Please note this does NOT include towels so please bring your own. We are unable to supply logs for the wood burner onsite so if you intend to use the wood burner during your stay, then please bring some well seasoned logs/kindling with you, otherwise this can be purchased at many of our local stores.
5. Cancellations Please notify us of a cancellation as soon as possible. Cancellations must be made in writing to Aberdwylan Farm via email email@example.com
Booking fees are non refundable and non transferable. If a booking is cancelled after the final payment, we will re-advertise the dates and endeavour to re-let. If your booking is re-let then we will refund any monies paid, excluding the booking fee and a £60 administration and re-marketing fee. If we are unable to re-let those dates, we will refund only the cleaning and utility cost for that period. If a cancellation is made with more than 6 weeks till the arrival date then the booking fee will be retained. We strongly advise you to take out Holiday Insurance to cover the possibility of a cancellation. The booking is made on the understanding that the cottage will be placed at the disposal of the Lead Guest on the dates stated in the booking. However, we may cancel bookings if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: flooding, fire, significant damage, failure of utility services or weather damage. In this event, a full refund of all monies paid would be given (but there can be no further liability or claim against the Owner).
6. Over occupancy The maximum number of people entitled to stay at The Stable is 5 (or 4 +1 cot) and The Barn is 4 (or 3 +1 cot). If it is found that more people than those stated on your completed booking form are using the property, this will be considered a breach of contract and the holidaymaker and his/her party will be asked to leave immediately without refund. Sub letting or assignation of the cottages is prohibited.
7. Check in/out You may check in from 4pm on your arrival day. Check out is by 10am on your departure day. On check out, the Guest is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition in a similar state to which they found it on arrival (reasonable cleaning accepted). If any extra cleaning is required due to the property being left dirty or disrespected, then photo evidence and an invoice for extra cleaning will be sent to the Lead Guest and this invoice must be paid within 7 days of departure.
8. Smoking There is a strict no smoking and no vaping policy within the cottages. There is a no smoking policy on-site at Aberdwylan Farm. DO NOT smoke in the cottage gardens as the cottages are fuelled via gas canisters which are situated in the gardens - in this event, it is deemed a serious breach of Health & Safety and our Terms & Conditions.
9. Damage, breakages, maintenance, theft The Lead Guest will be responsible for any damage, breakages or loss of items during their stay. Please report any damage or loss, however caused, or report any general maintenance (eg bulbs, batteries need replacing) as soon as possible so that repairs or replacements can be made without delay. Guests should not remove any items from the cottage. The Owner may ask for reasonable replacement costs if this happens. Any significant damage reported or found on departure will be assessed and the Lead Guest will be sent photo evidence and invoiced appropriately. Any invoice made is expected to be paid to the Owners within 7 days of departure.
10. Children Children are welcome; they are expected to treat the cottage, its contents and all areas with respect. Parents/Guardians must take full responsibility for their children who play at their own risk at all times. They must be accompanied around the woodland. Under no circumstances should adults or children enter any of the outbuildings or climb on/touch any machinery or enter the chicken run.
11. Dogs We endeavour to be dog friendly, however guests are expected to abide by our House Rules for Dogs (see below for full details).
12. Charging electric cars The charging of electric cars via the cottage is prohibited, unless prior notice is given and charges agreed between parties. The nearest car charging points are highlighted in the welcome information.
13. Lost Property If any items are found that belong to the Guests once they have departed, then the Lead Guest will be contacted and made aware of the items that have been left behind. If it is requested that the items are posted back to the Guest, then the Guest will be responsible for all postage and packing costs and this will need to be paid to the Owners prior to the items being posted.
14. Liability We [at Aberdwylan Farm] cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services, broadband services, or exceptional weather. No responsibility is accepted for accidents, personal injury/death, loss or damage of property (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Guest or any member of the party during their stay. They are left at their own risk. No refund can be given due to snow or bad weather. Unlimited Wifi is provided free of charge - whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to planned maintenance by Voneus or matters beyond our reasonable control.
15. Force Majeure We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, pandemics, outbreaks, crisis, acts of any Government or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any other transport, or any other unforeseeable event outside our control.
16. Complaints Should you find any fault or have any complaints during your stay, please advise us immediately so that any appropriate action can be taken. Any unresolved disputes may be referred to arbitration.
HOUSE RULES FOR DOGS:
We realise that dogs are very much part of the family and we don’t like having lots of rules and regulations for dogs, especially since it’s their holiday too! However, there’s been a lot of blood, sweat and tears in renovating The Stable & The Barn with lots of our own personal touches included, so all we ask is that Guests are respectful and look after our cottages.
• Dogs should be a minimum of 6 months old at the time of your holiday.
• Please clean up after your dog(s) - both inside and out. Please make sure all dog poop is bagged and binned, especially on footpaths, the courtyard, field or gardens. Poop bags and bins are provided. Please check the garden and clean up any dog poop before you depart. There is also a vacuum cleaner, broom, dustpan and brush, and mop in each cottage to help clean up indoors. Please be extra vigilant if your dog is likely to mark walls/furniture and clean immediately in order to minimise damage and staining.
• Please do not allow muddy, wet dogs within the cottage. Please do not leave the patio doors open for dogs to run in and out if it is wet/muddy conditions outside. Wash down thoroughly - there is an outside hose or the stream onsite - and dry, and please keep dog(s) in the kitchen area until they are clean and dry. Some dog towels and robes are provided - if you do use the towels/robes provided by us, please make sure they are washed and dry by the time you leave.
• Dog(s) are allowed upstairs in The Stable as that is where the lounge is situated, however, there is a retractable and moveable stair gate to help restrict where the dog(s) can go if needed. Dog(s) are not allowed upstairs in The Barn (living space is all downstairs).
• Please keep your dog(s) off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. However, we do try to be flexible and recognise some dogs like to sleep near their owners. Dogs are only allowed in bedrooms on a dog bed or in a crate if this has been previously discussed with us and you have agreed to bring your own bed linen. We have lovely white bedding so please do not let your dog(s) on the beds unless you have a conversation with us about bringing your own bedding. We reserve the right to invoice guests if any bedding requires extra cleaning or if it is damaged/ stained and needs replacing.
• Leaving your dog(s) alone in the cottage - we ask that dogs are not left alone in the cottage for long periods of time (please see below for dog sitting service). If you do need to leave the dog(s) alone in the cottage, it must only be for a short period of time and only if you are confident that your dog(s) will settle if left alone in a strange place or if they are happy within a crate. We would prefer that they are left within the kitchen area. There is plenty of space to set up a crate in either cottage.
If you know the dog(s) can be destructive when left alone, or if they suffer from separation anxiety, please DO NOT leave them unsupervised under any circumstance. It’s just not fair on your dog(s) (or on us if they cause damage). If your dog(s) causes any damage, please report it to us immediately; the damage will be assessed and the Lead Guest will be sent photo evidence and invoiced appropriately. Any invoice must be paid within 7 days.
We recognise that there may be a time when you may organise a trip where it is not appropriate to take the dog(s) or the dog(s) is not allowed. Therefore, we can offer a dog sitting service onsite for those times when you’re unable to take your dog with you on a day trip. This can include regular checks, pee breaks, feeding, walking etc. - it can be tailored to whatever is needed and we can discuss this further. This service is £15 per day per dog. Please make sure enough notice is given for this service to make sure it’s available for the day required.
• There is an enclosed garden attached to each cottage and direct access to the field area and woodland walk. Although the entire area is well stock fenced and checked regularly, please be aware that there is often sheep and cattle in neighbouring fields, so if your dog(s) is likely to jump fences or worry livestock then you should consider keeping them on lead. We do not have any livestock on our own land, except chickens but they are kept within their own enclosure. Dog(s) must be under your control at all times.
End of the doggy rules!!!
We are confident that our guests are responsible dog owners and will look after our cottages for us. And finally….if you get home and find you have some lovely photos of your dog(s) enjoying their holiday, we would love to see them, so please put them on our Facebook page or Google Business page.